Therapies- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
Havasu Regional Medical Center offers comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy in our acute and outpatient facilities.
Physical therapists help patients reduce pain and improve or restore mobility through strengthening exercises, stretching, balance training, and aerobic conditioning. Therapists teach patients how to prevent or manage their condition so that they will achieve long-term health benefits. Each individual is examined and a plan is developed to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. The therapists also work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness and wellness oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
Occupational Therapists help people do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities, enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health and prevent or live better with injury, illness, and disability, and have a holistic perspective in which the focus is on adapting the environment and/or task to fit the person.
Speech-Language Pathologists prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.
HRMC Inpatient (Hospitalized)
- For people who have experienced a debilitating illness or injury (stroke, spinal cord injury, joint replacement, etc.) that requires intensive therapy to restore functional abilities.
HRMC Skilled Nursing Facility
HRMC acute rehabilitation program can help you develop new skills and re-learn previous ones to improve your quality of life. You will receive a personal evaluation and a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to your individual condition and needs. Our treatment goals focus on measurable improvements and the return of vital functions such as balance, mobility, cognition, speech, and memory. You will build physical strength at our on-site gym and practice life skills in a variety of home-like and outside settings. Other important components of our care include educating you and your family members on how to continue your care and rehabilitation
We offer comprehensive rehabilitation services – including physical, occupational and speech therapy – located in our skilled nursing facility building.
We provide therapy for:
• Post-operative care such as knee, shoulder, or hip total joint replacements
• Orthopedic diagnoses such as back pain, arm or leg pain
• Neurological diagnoses such as stroke, brain injury, multiple sclerosis
• Sports rehabilitation such as athletic injuries
• General weakness, deconditioning and loss of balance
• Senior health such as Parkinson’s disease and osteoporosis
• Communication and swallowing disorders
What can I expect?
Therapy typically lasts about an hour 1-3 times per week. Intensity and duration of daily activities are determined by your care team and change as you progress. Each individual’s treatment plan will defer due to being customized to each person’s needs. You can expect to do strengthening exercises with Thera-bands and/or weights, balance training, aerobic conditioning, manual therapy, education, and HEP (home exercise programs). We encourage family participation to maximize long-term outcomes.
Preparing for your first appointment:
• Wear comfortable loose-fitting clothing and tennis shoes
• Bring your medication list, insurance cards, photo ID, or any pertinent imaging test or medical records
• Arrive 15 minutes early to complete registration
Prior to your first appointment, please go to the registration office located on the left after entering through the Skilled Nursing Facility entrance.
1811 Mesquite Ave
Lake Havasu City, Arizona 86403
Fax (928) 453-0418
7 AM – 5 PM
Closed on holidays
- Cardiac Services
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Diabetes & Endocrine Center
- Home Health
- Laboratory Services
- Labor and Delivery
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Skilled Nursing Unit
- Therapies (Occupational, Physical and Speech)
- Urgent Care
- Wound Care