We here at Havasu Regional Medical Center are fully equipped and ready to handle any emergency you or your family member might experience - whether it's as minor as a fractured wrist or as life-threatening as a heart attack, we are here to take care of you.
To help expedite your care in the Emergency Room, we recommend you bring the following items:
- Bring the medication bottles for every medication you take. This includes over the counter medications, herbal remedies, creams used for skin irriation, nasal spray, etc.
- Bring a current list of all the physicians that you currently see, for any reason.
- Bring a list of your drug, food and environmental allergies (latex, peanuts, codeine, insects, etc.) and what type of reaction you have to each one (hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of lips, etc.).
- Think about and be able to describe how you feel and what is different from your normal health status. Also, describe what you have done to care for yourself, i.e. "pain in my right leg which started yesterday while I was sitting", "the pain has gotten worse even after I took Tylenol and Motrin every six hours", or "it's a cramping and constant pain".
- Have the name and contact phone numbers of the person you want to be contacted should the need arise.
- Bring a copy of your Advance Directive.
- Bring a list of your past medical history, including medical conditions such as diabetes, gallbladder surgery, etc.