Labor and Delivery
The birth of your baby is one of life’s most exciting events. At Havasu Regional Medical Center, we pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and caring environment to deliver your baby. Every year, more than 500 infants are born at Havasu Regional. Our comprehensive Obstetric unit consists of 8 LDRP room which are equipped with state-of-the-art fetal monitors and a central fetal monitor system which allows us to make sure that each mother and baby receives the best in medical care. Our skilled and dedicated nurses and staff will make every effort to help you have the best experience possible.
Perinatal Trust Certified
The HRMC Labor and Delivery Unit is certified by the Arizona Perinatal Trust. This certification is voluntary and holds HRMC to higher quality standards which leads to a safer environment for you and your baby. The Trust is dedicated to improving the health of Arizona’s mothers and babies. Certification includes an on-site inspection and adherence to all guidelines set out by the Arizona Perinatal Trust. For more information go to azperinatal.org
Our staff includes:
- Board Certified OB/GYN Physicians
- Board Certified Pediatricians
- Family Practice Physicians
- 8 Labor/Delivery/Recovery rooms
- Anesthesia readily available for labor epidurals
- Registered Nursing who are trained and competent in all phases of birthing- Labor, Delivery, Post-Partum and Recovery
- All Nurses have Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Lactation Educators
- Childbirth Educators
HRMC recommends childbirth classes to mothers and their coaches between 24-30 weeks of pregnancy. A variety of free virtual classes taught by a certified and experienced childbirth educator is available. The educator will provide live and interactive teaching with dedicated time for the patient to ask questions.
Available classes include:
- Early Pregnancy Preparations (recommended to be taken during first trimester)
- Prenatal Bootcamp (labor and delivery)
- Coping and Comfort (coping with labor)
- Breastfeeding 101
- Newborn Care
In 2016, HRMC was recognized by the March of Dimes for successfully reducing the number of elective induction and cesarean deliveries performed before 39 weeks of pregnancy to less than 1% of all deliveries—making is SAFE for your baby!