Quality and Safety - our commitment to you
Our mission at Havasu Regional Medical Center (HRMC) is “Making Communities Healthier®”. In doing so, we are privileged that patients and families trust us with their care and the care of their loved ones. We earn that trust by placing our patients at the center of what we do, consistently providing safe care of the highest quality. We adopt best practices, share our successes, and put into practice processes and procedures that are proven to be reliable and predictable. We strive to be top ranked performers in quality and safety. Ultimately, we are committed to the local community.
Words are one thing. Results are another.
When you come to the hospital, you trust us to keep you safe and we take that responsibility seriously. We have been largely successful in keeping Hospital Acquired Infections to a minimum and our patient care to a maximum. Numbers tell the best story and we’re proud to share ours.
- HRMC is below the National Average for surgical infections in colon, hysterectomy, and total joint patients
- In 2020, and many prior, we had zero ventilator associated events
- For more than four years we have had zero central line-associated bloodstream infections
- In 2016, data showed a rise in the presence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections. We acted quickly, made adjustments to our processes and procedures and, as a result, our MRSA blood infections dropped to zero hospital acquired cases since 2017.
The data tells the story that at HRMC. We remain focused on constantly raising our standards to improve the health of the people we serve.
Excellence in Wound Care
- Havasu Regional Medical Center’s Wound Care Center won the Healogics Robert A Warriner III Center of Excellence Award. This is the 2nd year achieving quality metrics.
- Of more than 700 Healogics Centers, 342 earned the award.
- In 2018, our patients saw a healing rate of 94.77% with a patient satisfaction rating of 94.73%.
Quality Outpatient Wound Care
Havasu Regional Medical Center’s Outpatient Wound Care Center has earned multiple patient quality awards:
Healogics Center of Distinction in 2014, 2016, 2020 and 2021
Achieved by meeting 12 continuous months of quality metrics
Robert A Warriner III Center of Excellence 2017 and 2018
Achieved by meeting 24 continuous months of quality metrics
The Wound Care Center must meet or exceed the following quality metrics to achieve the award:
Healing Rate of 92% or greater
Median Days to heal of 28 days or less
Patient Satisfaction of 92% or greater
Patient Outlier Rate of 16% or less
Level III Trauma Center
The creation of our Trauma program means we are able to treat more patients locally than ever before, resulting in less stress for patients and their family members:
- In the 2 years prior to the start of our Trauma program (1/1/13-12/31/15), a total of 1,624 injured patients were seen in the HRMC ED. Of those, 19% were transferred out for a higher level of care
- In the 5-year period after launch of our Trauma program (1/1/16-12/31/20), a total of 6,942 injured patients were seen in the HRMC ED. Of those, only 9% transferred out for more definitive care
- This means we are helping patients remain close to home for their treatment and saving lives by getting them the emergency care they need more quickly
Providing our patients with information to make informed decisions is important to us. We know you have choices and we want to help you make the best one for you, your family and your health. With information, people can make better choices about where to receive care. The following quality and performance resources are available:
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- Hospital Compare
- The Joint Commission
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS)
Havasu Regional Medical Center earned a three-star rating from Medicare for data reported to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
The star rating project -- Hospital Compare – is available at medicare.gov. It contains information about the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals, including over 130 Veterans Administration medical centers. The website measures several factors, including mortality, safety of care, readmission, patient experience, effectiveness of care, timeliness of care, efficient use of medical imaging.
We are proud of the 3-star rating as it means our physicians and staff are truly committed to high quality patient care each and every day.
HRMC is partially owned or invested in by physicians.